The CNM Consulting Department offers an Executive Search Product to assist nonprofits with the selection and hiring executive positions such as CEO/Executive Director or Development Director. This product is intended to provide consultative guidance and administrative support to Boards of Directors that do not have a human resource staff or the time to fully manage the hiring process. The administrative services include writing/critiquing job descriptions, analyzing salary range, documenting the job posting, collecting and screening resumes, conducting phone screens and in-person interviews. Supplementary components such as succession planning, coaching, and new staff integration support are also available.
The goal is to identify the candidate that will match the experience requirements, be a good fit with the culture, and have the required skills for excellent performance.
Executive Search Product Components:
- Prepare a presentation for the Board of Directors to explain the hiring and screening process.
- Develop Internal and External Communication Plan for staff, funders, and other key stakeholders and provide a documented timeline and process for hiring. This may include one-on-one interviews with key staff to understand their needs and concerns related to hiring their new supervisor.
- Review /revise CEO Job Description
- Develop Job Placement Advertisement, make recommendations for where to advertise, post advertisement
- Research the market place for comparable salaries for similar positions.
- Work with Search Committee to identify sources to recruit viable candidates.
- Collect and review all resumes, conduct phone screens, conduct in-person interviews; select the top 5-8 candidates for the Search Committee to conduct final interviews and make the hiring decision
- Facilitate a half day New Executive Assimilation Workshop with the new Executive and their direct reports.